Friday, November 11, 2011

flaaaasssssshhh

I can't do anything I want with this blog because none of the computers have the latest version of FLASH.

Anyway, I feel like I have been getting side tracked from my thesis. I have been painting a lot, which isn't a bad thing, but i think of it more as practice or experimentation and less guided. I've given up on a couple sculpture ideas due to lack of funds etc. One of them has manifested itself in a new form and I was really pleased when Allison told us we should worry if our work comes out the same way we originally envisioned it. I've come to realize that I do have very strong vision when it comes to forming a piece in my mind but they always change along the way. I think it is important to work with materials instead of force materials. My recent sculptures have been addressing material symbolism and aesthetics. I recently discovered the work of Katie Bell and almost pooped my pants out of excitement. CHECK THIS SHIT OUT.






...if I had to marry an artist based on their work.

I've finally started working on some prints. It's been a couple months since I've printed anything. I started with some simple citrasolv transfers of an image that i've had sitting in my studio. I basically turned it into little postcards to send to friends in France.



1 comment:

  1. This is shit is DOPE! Do you know Bianca Beck's work?

    ReplyDelete